so tired!!!!!

i've been working 14hr days for the last 5 days!!! i'm ready for a break. i don't really like to complain but i've been physically tired from running around and standing all day. i'm running wardrobe for an Opera i'm doing @UCLA at night and basically working during the day at OP (my day job) it is exhausting. but, lucky for me i will be getting a nice 4 week break from work. not technically a vacation just between gigs at the moment. i'm telling you, the life of a free lancer is great until you have a 4 week gap. 4 weeks = a month..... one month. i can't do nothing for a month, so i'll probably look for something small to work on. some sort of project or maybe do some work around the house. i'd love to go shopping but, me not working and then spending money is not always the best situation.

now, why is it that when i'm working and making great money, i never have time to spend it. yet when i'm not working and have plenty of time to go shopping, i never have the money to do so??? i guess it would be considered a catch 22. whatevs

i did hair and makeup for a fundraiser this past weekend and the headliner was Stevie Nicks. she has some pretty crazy fans. maybe it's because she is a bit looney herself. Alas, it was a great working experience. I started the day at 9am and did not leave until 11:30pm. I was very happy to run into a friend from college, Noah. he lives in NY but is out here because there was a death in his family, he is definitely in my prayers. I was telling him how great it was to see him and how im so proud of him that i brag about him all the time. he is a cast member of Wicked on Broadway. it makes me feel so proud to have had a chance to work with such great talent at the budding state. to know that i knew them when and somehow knew they would achieve their dreams. i guess this leaves me very hopeful that I will acheive my dreams as well. What are my dreams exactly???? well it's obvious, to win an Oscar and Tony award for best Costume Deisgn. they are called dreams for a reason, that is, until they become reality ;)


so, despite my hectic schedule.....i did get a chance to sing karaoke on friday. this little hole in the wall place in Long Beach. now......why do people pick the longest most boring songs of all to sing???? make it short and peppy is what i say. a man who appeared to be in his 60's got up and sang "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel and he freakin' rocked it out. some girl got up and started singing this song.....


Hey lady, you lady, cursing at your life
You're a discontented mother and a regimented wife
I've no doubt you dream about the things you'll never do
But, I wish someone had talked to me
Like I wanna talk to you.....

Oh, I've been to Georgia and California and anywhere I could run
I took the hand of a preacher man and we made love in the sun
But I ran out of places and friendly faces because I had to be free
I've been to paradise but I've never been to me

Please lady, please lady, don't just walk away
'Cause I have this need to tell you why I'm all alone today
I can see so much of me still living in your eyes
Won't you share a part of a weary heart that has lived million lies....

Oh, I've been to Niece and the Isle of Greece while I've sipped champagne on a yacht
I've moved like Harlow in Monte Carlo and showed 'em what I've got
I've been undressed by kings and I've seen some things that a woman ain't supposed to see
I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me

[spoken]
Hey, you know what paradise is?
It's a lie, a fantasy we create about people and places as we'd like them to be
But you know what truth is?
It's that little baby you're holding, it's that man you fought with this morning
The same one you're going to make love with tonight
That's truth, that's love......

Sometimes I've been to crying for unborn children that might have made me complete
But I took the sweet life, I never knew I'd be bitter from the sweet
I've spent my life exploring the subtle whoring that costs too much to be free
Hey lady......
I've been to paradise, (I've been to paradise)
But I've never been to me

(I've been to Georgia and California, and anywhere I could run)
I've been to paradise, never been to me
(I've been to Neice and the isle of Greece while I've sipped champagne on a yacht)
I've been to paradise, never been to me
(I've been to cryin' for unborn children that might have made me complete)
I've been to paradise, never been to me
(I've been to Georgia and California, and anywhere I could run)
I've been to paradise, never been to me

i've never heard of it but it made me laugh, although i don't think it was meant to be funny but still, i laughed.......

Comments

Anonymous said…
The first concert I ever went to was a Fleetwood Mac concert with Travis Coleman our freshman year of HS. I didn't know who Fleetwood Mac was. Travis told me - now that you've heard about them, you'll hear them all the time. I didn't, until I started listening to Arrow FM in college - finally I was like "OH - so that was Stevie Nicks..."

Popular Posts